*From Grey Towers Historical Site
Springtime rains brought beautiful blooms to the landscape and gardens at Grey Towers National Historic Site, Milford, PA, and regular tours of the historic mansion are set to begin Memorial Day, Saturday, May 27, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays, guided tours of the 1886-mansion and grounds are offered on the hour from 11 am to 4 pm. The 4 pm tour on weekends brings visitors to the upper floors. No public tours are given on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but the grounds are open and visitor films are shown, free of charge. In addition to the guided tours, there are a number of events planned for June:
* Saturday, June 10, a demonstration of the lost art of lacemaking, from 1-4 pm;
* Saturday, June 17, Poetry in Nature instructional workshop, from 11 am-2 pm;
* Saturday, June 17, Kindred Spirits outdoor concert, 5:30 pm;
* Saturday, June 24, Walking tour of Milford with stops at favorite eateries, 10 am;
* Thursday, June 29, Come Paint With Me plein air painting program, 9:30 am. For information about fees, registration and additional details about these events, call 570-296-9630 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Save the dates for these upcoming annual programs scheduled for later in the season:
* Saturday August 5 & Sunday August 6: Festival of Wood – 2 days of crafts, childrens activities, demonstrations, walks, talks, films and more!
* Saturday Sept. 30: National Public Lands Day and Ice Cream Social – a fee-free day with fun for the whole family, including music, magic and the mansion! And ice cream!
* Saturday, Nov. 11: Veteran’s Day – Fee free for veterans and active military personnel, from 11 am – 2 pm. Check the Grey Towers calendar at www.greytowers.org for additional programs and events, including more walks, music and lectures!